Saturday, August 22, 2009

returning to blog once again

Hello again...It has been really hard to try and keep this blog running and with the amount of blogs already out there it feels even harder to keep things interesting. But I quite enjoy writing about my own experiences and conclusions, and have been missing it for a long time.

Anyways I hope I keep up the blogging and will try my best to post more often. Here I just found a very cool news on BBC about how western people interpret facial expressions differently from east asian people: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8199951.stm

Probably this justifies why a style such as japanese anime gives a lot of emphasis on the eyes of a character, both in aspects of design and animation...having a look at the emoticons comparison, I could work out the same sort of emotion being conveyed with a different aesthetic...yet if it was a more specific expression it could have conveyed a different result.

No comments: